5 Things You Need to Know Today: Feb. 28
A round-up of useful information and events happening around Freehold today.
Here is a list of 5 things you need to know today:
1. Sunshine: According to the National Weather Service, today will be sunny with a high near 49 degrees and a northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph. Tonight will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 31 degrees and a north wind around 5 mph becoming calm.
2. Bonus: According to a press release issued by the New Jersey Assembly Republicans, the district received the largest increase in funding in the state because Christie was able to apply a more accurate measure of student enrollment to state funding. Superintendent Charles Sampson explained that the additional funding the district received was due to a combination of changes made to state aid allocation and not just a result of district enrollment increases. Click here to read more about this great news.
3. Mangia: Where is your favorite Italian restaurant in Freehold? Patch is starting a new feature of “Patch Favorites” where you can vote on your favorite local business in Freehold Borough and Freehold Township in a specific category. Click here to learn more and support your favorite place in town!
4. Warm-up: Got extra blankets? There is a blanket drive running through Feb. 29 to benefit families at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Drop-off spot is at Cartridge World of Freehold. Click here to read more about this fundraiser.
5. Say Cheese: Head to the Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County to see a photo exhibit entitled "Monmouth County's Jewish Experience in Pictures." The photographs on display capture in pictures the people, architecture, families, traditions, history, and faith of the county's Jewish population, both past and present. The exhibit will be running until March 1 from 10:00am-3:00pm. Click here for more information.