FHS Student Athletes Celebrate Signing Letters of Intent
Signing ceremony took place with coaches, family and school administrators.
Proud parents and Freehold High School (FHS) staff gathered in the Five-Star Cafe Tuesday morning to honor student athletes who have received athletic scholarships.
Last week, eight students signed letters of intent to play Divison I athletics, the most in any year from Freehold High School.
“To have one or two students sign is a huge deal, but to have this number of students is a real testament to the athletic program at Freehold High School and also a testament to your commitment, your dedication and your drive,” said FRHSD Superintendent Charles Sampson.
In addition to school administrators speaking at the breakfast, each coach who had an athlete receive a scholarship spoke of their experience with the student athlete.
Below is the list of student athletes who were recognized at Tuesday’s breakfast.
- Chelsi Bender: Soccer - Mississippi State
- Delaney Boyer: Soccer - Caldwell College
- Sydney Duven: Field Hockey - Sacred Heart
- Ryan Kasten: Football - Colgate
- Gabrielle Romanowski: Softball – Rutgers
- Camerin Spahn: Basketball - NJIT
- Jason Lundy: Baseball - Fordham University
- David Yanez: Baseball - NJIT
In addition to the eight students from FHS, 12 athletes from Freehold Township High School were also recognized for receiving athletic scholarships.