The Week Ahead: Getting Back on Track After Hurricane Sandy
A list of events and activities going on in Freehold this week.
- Freehold Borough students will have an early dismissal on Thursday, Nov. 15 and Friday, Nov. 16 for conferences and a staff professional day.
- Fall conferences for Freehold Township students have been cancelled this week. Nov. 16 will now be a full day of school for Township students.
- The Freehold Township Board of Education will meet on Tuesday, Nov. 13 in the Board Office Conference Room. The meeting will begin at 8 p.m.
Local Government News
- Freehold Township Offices are closed Monday, Nov. 12 in observance of Veterans Day.
- The Freehold Township Recreation Commission will meet on Wednesday, Nov. 14 at 7:30 p.m. at Michael J. Tighe Park.
- The Freehold Borough Planning Board will meet on Wednesday, Nov. 14 at 7 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Freehold Borough Offices.
- The Freehold Borough Shade Tree Commission will meet in the Freehold Borough offices on Thursday, Nov. 15 at 6:30 p.m.
Freehold Memorial Day Parade
The Cabin Restaurant is helping support the Freehold Memorial Day Parade by donating proceeds from dinner on Tuesday, Nov. 12. Residents who come to The Cabin on Tuesday between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m. with this flyer, will donate 20% of their pre-tax and pre-liquor bill to the Freehold Memorial Day Parade. For more information visit the parade's website at
Help Hurricane Sandy Victims
Due to an awesome response from Patch readers, The Freehold Think Tank is continuing to collect items for those in need all week. The group has been collecting sorting and personally delivering to families in need. People can mail gift cards to Wal Mart or Home Depot or they can drop off batteries, flashlights, large industrial sheets of plastic, tarps, non perishable food, warm clothes, diapers warm socks to suite 102 at 800 West Main Street. Call Lynette Barbieri for more information at 732-845-0005 or go to Thank Tank website.