The Week Ahead: Menorah Lightings and Santa Run Registration
A list of activities going on in Freehold this week.
- The lighting of the Menorah in front of the Hall of Records will take place on Monday, Dec. 10. The lighting ceremony will begin at 5 p.m.
- The Jolly Trolley is coming to down this Friday, Dec. 14. Rides will start at 5 p.m. an continue until 8 p.m. The Trolley will also run on Saturday and Sunday will rides leaving every hour from 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. Tickets are $5, to order your tickets call 732-333-0094.
- The Jewish Heritage Museum of Monmouth County will hold its Hanukkah Menorah Lighting Celebration on Tuesday, Dec. 11 at 6 p.m. The celebration will take place at the Museum. There will be songs and refreshments will be served. This is a free event open to the community. For more information, call the Museum at 732-252-6990 or visit www.jhmomc.org.
- Registration to participate in the annual Freehold Borough Santa Run begins on Monday, Dec. 10 and will continue through Saturday, Dec. 15 at the Freehold Borough Fire Department. Monday through Wednesday registration will run from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. On Thursday and Friday registration will begin at 9 a.m. and will continue until 8 p.m. On Saturday registration is from noon until 6 p.m. The Santa run costs $25 per family for up to five gifts. If you have more than five gifts its an additional charge of $10. Delivery dates will be Wednesday Dec. 19 through Saturday Dec. 22 starting at 6 p.m. each night.
- The Freehold Borough Board of Education will meet on Monday, Dec. 10 at 7 p.m. The meeting will be held at the cafeteria of the Park Avenue Complex. View the meeting’s agenda to see what will be discussed at the meeting.
- The Freehold Township High School National Honor Society, in coordination with other FTHS clubs, sports, students, staff, and other members of the Freehold Township community, will be putting together a Sandy Relief Pasta Dinner. The dinner will take place on Friday, Dec. 14 from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. in the FTHS cafeteria. All of the proceeds will go to the N.J. Sandy Relief Fund, which has been organized by Governor Christie and his wife to aide, comfort, and rebuild New Jersey.
- The Freehold Borough Planning Board will meet on Wednesday, Dec. 12. The meeting will begin at 7 p.m. and will be held in the Freehold Borough Offices.
- The Freehold Township Recreation Commission will meet on Wednesday, Dec. 12. The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. and will be held at Michael J. Tighe Park.
- The Alliance to Prevent Substance Abuse will meet at CentraState Health Awareness Center on Wednesday Dec. 12. The meeting will begin at noon.
- The Freehold Township Board of Health will meet at the Freehold Township Offices on Thursday, Dec. 13. The meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m.