This Weekend: Holiday Festivities in Freehold
A list of holiday activities going on this weekend in Freehold.
From Santa sightings to holiday markets, the next few days are filled with holiday activities. The following events were posted on the Freehold Patch Calendar. Know of other holiday activities going on this week? Tell us about them in the comment section below.
- The Santa Train is coming to town from noon until 2 pm at the Freehold Bus Station. The Freehold Borough PBA and Conrail present this family-friendly event.
- The Holiday House Tour will run from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. The tour starts at the American Hotel, during the tour, historical points of interest will be brought to life by a narrator between each stop on a shuttle bus. Once completed, the tour will return to the American Hotel. Tickets are $15 for adults and $5 for children and are available in advance at the clerk’s office in the first floor of Borough Hall. For more information please contact Lynda Keller at 732-421-3750 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Grammy Award winning Atlantic Brass Quintet is coming to the First Presbyterian Church and will present their unique Christmas concert with selections of Christmas music spanning several centuries. The Rock and Roll Chorus will also be performing. Concert starts at 7:30 p.m. Tickets ate $35 visit fpcfreehold.org for more information.
- A Holiday Gift Bazaar will take place at the St. Rose of Lima School. There will be raffles for some great prizes and a large selection of gifts will be available for purchase. Santa will also be available for pictures. For more information visit the event’s listing.
- The Holiday Fundraiser Winter Magic Show is Sunday at 10 a.m. at The Goddard School on School Road in Marlboro. Shop, eat, and enjoy a day of family fun for a good cause. Hosted by the Entrepreneurial Think Tank for Moms and The Goddard School, the event features a magic show at 10:30 a.m. Tickets are $5. Please call the Goddard School location at 732-303-7877 to find out what items are most needed for victims of Hurricane Sandy.
Events All Weekend Long
- Center Players presents Miracle On 34th Street: A Live Radio Play. Performances will be held at Center Playhouse, Dec. 8 at 8 p.m. On Dec 9 the play will begin at 2 p.m. Tickets for this special holiday offering are $23 for seniors and students and $25 for adults. Ticket prices include special gourmet desserts and holiday refreshments. To purchase tickets the box office at (732) 462-9093 or online at www.CenterPlayers.org.
- On Saturday and Sunday Dec. 8 and 9, The Knights of Columbus will be selling Christmas trees, wreaths and grave blankets in front of their Council Hall on 70 East Main Street in Freehold. Please consider buying these items from the Knights. They are high quality and nursery fresh. Proceeds from the sale go to local charities.
- St. Robert Bellarmine will hold their Christmas Market on Saturday and Sunday. Enjoy holiday shopping with merchandise from local artisans; crafters and home business vendors. Market will be located in our indoor Parish Center. Will run from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturday and from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. on Sunday.
- From 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. children can get their picture taken with Santa Claus at Retro Fitness of Freehold. The picture is free with the donation of a new toy to Toys for Tots. There will also be face painting and arts and crafts will be available for kids of all ages. Non-members welcome.
- Santa will be stopping at iPlay America on Saturday Dec. 8 and Sunday, Dec. 9. Santa will be available to take pictures for free from noon until 6 p.m. on Saturday and noon until 5 p.m. on Sunday. Make sure you bring your camera for this event.
- Have breakfast with Santa at Sweet Lew’s Cafe, Saturday, Dec. 8, from 9 am to noon. Call 732-308-1887 for reservations.
- Santa is also available to have breakfast with you at the American Hotel on Sunday, Dec. 9 from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Call 732-431-3220 for reservations.