This Weekend: Last Chance for Holiday Registration
Along with fun holiday activities this weekend marks the last opportunity to sign up for the Santa Run, enter in Patch's Holiday contest and see Center Player's Holiday Production.
Last Chance Registration
- After going all week long, Santa Run registration will wrap up on Saturday night. Residents who would like Santa Claus to personally deliver a gift to their home between Wednesday Dec. 19 and Saturday, Dec. 22 will need to get to the Freehold Borough Fire Department before 8 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 14 or between noon and 6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15. For $25 Santa will personally deliver up to five gifts to a home. There will be an extra charge of $10 if there are more than five gifts that need to be delivered to a home.
- Patch’s Deck the House Contest will come to a close on Sunday, Dec. 16. For weeks users across the country have been submitting photos of their holiday decorations for a chance to win $100,000 for their town’s schools and $500 towards their electric bill. Enter your submission on the Freehold Patch Deck the House page.
- Santa will be stopping by Café 360 to have breakfast with all the good boys and girls of Freehold. Breakfast will run from 9 a.m. until noon with a full breakfast menu being served. Reservations are required; call 732-294-4722 for reservations or more information.
- The Latino Coalition in collaboration with the Graeme Preston Foundation and the First Presbyterian Church of Freehold is sponsoring a fundraiser on Dec. 15 to assist several local families who suffered severe economic losses as a result of Superstorm Sandy. Three area families, based on need, were selected to receive financial assistance from the proceeds of the fundraiser. For more information visit the event’s listing.
- A toy drop off will be held at Borough Hall from 9 a.m. until noon on Saturday. Councilman Jaye Sims will be at the building to collect the toys, which will go to the Freehold Soccer League for their toy drive. Toys should be wrapped and tagged with a description. For more information visit the Soccer League's website.
All Weekend Long
- Center Players will be wrapping up their production of Miracle On 34th Street: A Live Radio Play this weekend. Show times this weekend include Saturday, Dec. 15 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 16 at 2 p.m. Seating is limited and tickets are $23 for seniors and students and $25 for adults. Ticket sale includes special gourmet desserts and holiday refreshments. To purchase tickets call the Center Players’ box office at (732) 462-9093 or visit www.CenterPlayers.org.
- Meet Santa at iPlay America. Santa will be available for pictures from noon until 6 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 15 and from noon until 5 p.m. on Sunday, Dec. 16. Pictures are free, just don’t forget your camera.
- The Jolly Trolley is back and will be running all weekend long. Rides on the Jolly Trolley will run from 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. on both Saturday Dec. 15 and Sunday, Dec. 16. Admission for the Jolly Trolley is $5. Those interested in riding this year can purchase tickets by calling 732-333-0094.