The Court Street School Educational Community Center (CSSECC) is coming together later this month to celebrate Black History Month.
The celebration will commemorate history, dreams, struggles, wisdom, experience, and achievements from Black History Month. The event will be held at the First Baptist Church and will feature many performances from Freehold and area residents.
The pastor for this year’s celebration will be Rev. William Frederickson. The current list of performances include:
- Spoken Word performances by Councilman George Schnurr, Kayla Cobbs, Sayonna Doster, Davia Echols and the NJ Orators.
- Guest Speakers will be Rev. Fred Rubin from the Community Refuge Church Englishtown, and NJ Walter David Greason.
- Live performances by The Holy Echoes of Freehold, The Trinty Choristers of Trinity Episcopal Church in Asbury Park, Joe Keyes and the Late Bloomer Band from Westminster Maryland.
- Vocalists will be Paul Norris of Bethel AME Church, Elijah Booth from Praise Temple in Neptune and Sandra Davis of the Calvery Baptist Church in Red Bank
- Instrumentalist at the celebration will be Kirah Cobbs of the Freehold Church of God, Richard Blackwell of Asbury Park and Roy Meriwether of New York City
- Expressive Dances will be done by Tyrone Mitchell of New Beginnings Christian Agape Center, The Court Street School Dance Ministry and the Wisdom Seekers from the New Beginnings Christian Agape Center.
The celebration will begin at 3 p.m. and is expected to end around 6 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 23. View pictures from last year's CSSECC Black History Month Celebration here.