When driving or walking through downtown Freehold, there are little signs of St. Patrick's day everywhere you turn.
Many businesses are showing their green side with festive decorations hanging on their doors and window displays. A is showing off their Irish side with green hearts in their windows. has a welcoming Leprechaun hanging on their front door. Florist has two window displays full of St. Pat's Pride. And, the has a three-leaf clover wishing everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day in their front windows.
In addition to the businesses, there are green ribbons tied to trees, poles and gazebos down Main St. Even the street is green!
Along with the green, there are also blue ribbons hung in support of Colorectal Cancer Month.
Where else have you seen St. Patty pride? Share you green side by uploading a photo of great St. Patrick's Day decorations, outfits or whatever you think bring out the luck of the Irish!
Looking to celebrate all week long? Downtown Freehold is hosting an Irish Week:
- March 12: Sounds of Ireland featuring Irish music at , , and from 7:30-10:30 p.m.
- March 13 & 14: Downtown Dine-Around. From 5:30-8:30 p.m. you can pay $10 and stop by a variety of downtown restaurants to try their food and celebrate the holiday with your neighbors. You can purchase tickets at Downtown Freehold's office or at mylinkat.com.
- March 15: Ireland at the Oscars featuring 6 short films from Ireland at the . Tickets are $10.
- March 16: Enjoy the sounds of bagpipers in Downtown Freehold on Friday night from 7-9 p.m.
- March 17: There will be a St. Patrick's Day Parade starting at 11:00 a.m. The route starts behind borough hall and heads down Main St. Everyone is welcome to get dressed up and participate in this family fun event. Continue celebrating the holiday with specials at all the Downtown Freehold restaurants and bars.
- March 17: The Freehold Borough Arts Council, the Center Players Playhouse and the Freehold Ancient Order of Hibernians are hosting a free family event in honor of St. Patty's Day. There will be two showings of the Oscar nominated animated feature, the Secret of Kells starting at 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. at the Center Players on South Street. Seating is limited, so reservations are required. Contact the Freehold Borough Arts Council for more info.