You cannot deny that a strong landscape lighting design is the ultimate combination of form and function. When you hire a qualified contractor or design company to install professional outdoor lighting, you’re doing much more than simply adding some pretty lights: you’re investing in your property. The benefits of a well-executed landscape lighting design are actually pretty cool.
- Be noticed. Gone are the days when a bulb hanging outside of your window was the norm. Today’s outdoor lights create a strong visual presence. A dramatic overhead light or illuminated water features add some “pop” to your property. For a look that’s all your own, you can speak with a landscape lighting designer about customized creations.
- Be safe. Besides keeping your home safe from burglars or mischief-makers, today’s landscape lighting designs may keep you upright in the dark. Illuminated walkways, paths and walls can prevent you from hurting yourself when you’re outside at night. They can also add some dimension to your backyard at night, creating a cozy space for intimate gatherings or a safer way to take an evening dip in the pool.
- Be different. A custom outdoor lighting plan can showcase your home in beautiful but subtle ways. And a professional outdoor lighting specialist can create designs using light that accentuate your home’s most beautiful – or unique – elements. Design architects work with your existing landscape to ensure that your lights add to your home, not detract from it.
- Be green. With the introduction of low-voltage lights comes the opportunity to keep your home well lit without breaking the bank. You may also consider using solar lights to keep costs to a minimum.
Professional Outdoor Lighting Helps Business Owners
Residential neighborhoods aren’t the only areas that benefits from a professional outdoor lighting design. Research shows that businesses that keep their property lit at night help their community, too:
- More money. Professionally landscaped businesses are regarded more highly by local consumers. A landscape lighting designer creates designs that make your company more appealing in fading light. If you’re a business that’s open in the later hours, that means an increase in profits.
- More professional. Companies that implement a landscaping lighting design into their existing décor are often viewed as more professional and more successful. Professional landscaping indicates that you care about the property you own or rent, thus implying that you care about your image. Companies that care about their image are viewed in a better light – no pun intended – than competitors who ignore their grounds.
- More interesting. Shoppers will stop to admire a company’s custom outdoor lighting just as they would a homeowner’s. They may be more likely to tell others about your design, drumming up business for you through word-of-mouth.
A strong landscape lighting design can do wonders for a home or business. Professional landscaping increases the value of a property, and a well-designed lighting plan adds to that value. It also looks more organic than most of the DIY kits you can purchase from home improvement stores. Hiring a fully-licensed contractor or design company also give you access to ideas and materials you may not have thought about before, opening up a world of possibilities. In the end, you can’t go wrong with a professional outdoor lighting design.