CentraState Medical Center has expanded their Orthopedic staff with the addition of five Orthopedic surgeons.
Kenneth Y. Chern, MD, Haralambos Demetriades, MD, Arthur K. Mark, MD, Sunil Thacker, MD and Joel P. Fechisin, MD have joined the medical staff at the center and bring their skills to better help area residents.
The five are part of the medical team with CentraState’s Orthopedic Services department, specializing in general orthopedics and surgery of the spine, hand, wrist, knee, foot, ankle and shoulder. They also perform joint replacement, and provide comprehensive, integrated sports medicine, physiatry and pain management care. Their goal is to provide more treatment options and customized solutions for relieving pain and improving function.
- Dr. Kenneth Chern received a medical degree from the College of Physicians and Surgeons Columbia University in New York City. He completed a fellowship in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery at the Sports Medicine Center at Baptist Hospital in Nashville Tennessee. Chern specializes in sports injuries of the shoulder and knee. He also performs arthroscopic surgery of the ankle, elbow, hip, shoulder and knee, including ACL reconstruction. Chern is certified in Carticel cartilage transplantation.
- Dr. Haralambos Demetriades is a board-certified spine surgeon. He received a medical degree from Mount Sinai Medical School in New York City and completed a fellowship in spinal surgery at Beth Israel Medical Center in New York City. He specializes in evaluating and treating scoliosis, degenerative conditions of the spine, and trauma to the spine. Demetriades is also the former medical director of The Spine Institute of Central NJ at CentraState Medical Center.
- Dr. Arthur Mark received his medical degree from Temple University School of Medicine and completed a fellowship in adult reconstruction at Massachusetts General Hospital at Harvard Medical School. Mark is a joint specialist and also practices general orthopedics and orthopedic trauma care.
- Dr. Sunil Thacker received a medical degree from UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School in Newark, NJ. He completed a fellowship in sports medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, in Philadelphia, PA. Thacker specializes in sports medicine, advanced arthroscopic surgery and joint preservation arthroplasty. He is also an active member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, American Medical Association, and New Jersey Orthopedic Society. His office is located at the CentraState Medical Offices at Monroe.
- Dr. Joel Fechisin received a medical degree from UMDNJ—Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in Piscataway, NJ, and completed a fellowship in adult reconstruction at the Insall Scott Kelly Institute in New York City. Dr. Fechisin specializes in all disorders of the knee, and also has subspecialty training in arthroscopy and cruciate ligament reconstruction.