The following information came from Freehold Borough Mayor Nolan Higgins and Freehold Township Mayor Anthony Ammiano.
- Freehold Borough and Freehold Township are both honoring Governor Chris Christie’s request by rescheduling Halloween for Monday, Nov. 5.
- Outages have continued to decrease in both towns. As of 9 p.m. Sunday night there were 1,152 total outages in Freehold Borough and 4,170 in Freehold Township. Those outages are compared to Saturday when 3,242 outages were in Freehold Borough and 8,568 outages in Freehold Township.
- In Freehold Borough, Higgins provided helpful information for permits and inspection notices. In an email to Patch he stated. “Our building department will ‘fast track’ all electrical permits and inspections so a card can be issued to JCP&L giving them clearance to connect service. Once the card is sent in to JCP&L we have no control or influence as to when the line will be reconnected to an individual home.”
- The Freehold Borough building department will be open on Monday to process permits.
- The Freehold Fire Department sent a company to Sea Bright Saturday and a company to Atlantic Highlands Sunday. The departments members are providing needed assistance to those departments.
- Crews from Virginia Beach have arrived in Freehold Borough to assist with power restoration.
Additional updates will be provided as they become available.