The first month of 2013 was a busy one for Freehold residents, especially the police. Relive the month’s 10 most popular stories below.
10. : Freehold Patch’s top ten stories of January begin with a man in a bathrobe. On Jan. 19 Freehold Borough Police arrested a resident who was walking around a local street in his bathrobe while arming himself with a tree branch and empty glass bottle. He was charged with creating a hazardous situation, maintaining a nuisance, drug possession, and resisting arrest.
9. Woman Accused of Passing Forged Prescription at Freehold CVS: In the beginning of the month, Freehold Township Police arrested a Rahway woman who was accused of attempting to fill a forged prescription for oxycodone at the Freehold Township CVS.
8. Freehold Physicians On Magazine's 'Top Docs' List: Unrelated to Police news, the number 8 most popular story on Freehold Patch in January pointed out which Freehold doctors were named to New Jersey Monthly's 2012 list of "New Jersey's Top Doctors".
7. Freehold Man Accused of Heroin Possession: On Saturday, Jan. 13 a resident was allegedly found in possession of 47 decks of heroin while near the St. Rose of Lima Elementary School.
6. Resident Accused of Using a Stolen Credit Card: Freehold Borough Police arrested a woman after he allegedly used a stolen credit card to pay her $32 bill at Court Jester.
5. Freehold Attorney Who Bilked Client out of $237K Gets Jail Time: A former Freehold attorney who misappropriated over $237,000 from a client received a four-year prison sentence.
4. Freehold Resident Charged After Crashing Into Howell Business: A 21-year-old Freehold resident was issued citations for driving while intoxicated and reckless driving after he crashed into the Temp Rite Heating and Cooling building.
3. Police: Freehold Man Pointed Stolen Loaded Gun at Victim: A Freehold Borough man was accused of pointing a gun loaded with hollow-point bullets at another person. He was charged with aggravated assault, weapons possession, possession of hollow-point ammunition, and receiving stolen property.
2. : The second most popular story on Freehold Patch in January was read almost 1,500 times. According to the story, a Middletown man and his estranged wife agreed to meet at the mall parking to exchange some items, but he allegedly attempts to handcuff her and take away in a car.
1. Freehold Meningitis Death Confirmed by Township Board of Health: The most read story of January was read over 3,000 times and was a big surprise to Freehold residents. After receiving confirmation of a meningitis related death in Freehold, the township’s Health Officer Margaret Jahn told Patch that the necessary precautions have been taken to ensure the safety of others in the wake of the death.