Every year, millions of children sit down to make a wish list for Santa, hoping their Christmas dreams will come true.
But what if Santa wrote back? The United States Postal Service is accepting "Letters From Santa," a program allowing anyone to write a letter to any child, signed by Santa.
According to a postal service news release, "The 'Letters From Santa' program helps parents fulfill the dreams of their own children."
Instructions to send a letter from Santa:
- Write a letter to your child from Santa Claus and sign it “From Santa.”
- Insert the letter into an envelope addressed to your child with the return address: SANTA, NORTH POLE.
- Ensure a First-Class Mail stamp is affixed to the envelope.
- Place the envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address the larger envelope to:
NORTH POLE POSTMARK
4141 POSTMARK DR
ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
- Your letter “From Santa” will be mailed back to your child, postmarked from the North Pole.
- “Letters From Santa” must be mailed to the Anchorage, AK, postmaster no later than Dec. 10. Santa’s helpers in Anchorage will take care of the rest.
Local post office locations: