Flooded homes, long gas lines, power outages and toppled trees didn't prevent a crowd from gathering at the Monmouth County Board of Elections in Freehold on Saturday.
Voters lined up out the door of the Halls Mill Road facility to cast their election ballot. New Jersey allows voting in advance of Election Day on Tuesday. Following Hurricane Sandy, Gov. Chris Christie ordered county clerks' offices across the state to hold extended hours to allow citizens to take part in the early voting opportunity.
To accommodate walk-in voting, the Monmouth County Clerk of Elections Office, located at 300 Halls Mill Road, Freehold, will be open to the public on the days and hours listed below:
- Saturday, Nov. 3, 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 4, 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m.
- Monday, Nov. 5, 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
For more information, contact the following Monmouth County officials:
- County Clerk - 732-431-7790
- Superintendent of Elections - 732-431-7780
- Board of Elections - 732-431-7150