The Freehold Township Committee issued the following message via the Freehold Area Municipal Alert system:
The Freehold Township Committee would like to inform residents that upon consultation this morning with JCP&L, that JCP&L is currently working on 2 electrical substations the Freehold & Jerseyville substations. These 2 stations will have a major impact on turning a number of customers back on-line. However, Freehold customers on the Colts Neck substation, in the north east part of the Township may not have service until Sunday or later.
The following locations are currently open for food and supplies: Shop-Rite, Stop and Shop, Walmart, Walgreens, Sams Club, Frankie Fes, Iplay, Krispy Pizza and Poet's Pharmacy.
The following gas stations are operating
- Rt 537 in Jackson heading towards Great Adventure - Wawa
- Rt 9 Waretown - Sunoco
- Rt 9 north of 195 - Howell - Wawa
- Rt 9 near Rt 88 - Lakewood - BP
- Rt 537 near Jackson Outlets - Wawa (Cash only - ATMs working inside store)
- Hope Chapel Road at 527 - Jackson
- Rt 34/547 circle - BP and Exxon both open
- West Veterans Hwy at Leesville Rd - Jackson - Quick Check
- Rt 35N near Industrial Way - Eatontown - Hess
- Rt 35 at Deal Rd - Ocean - (Cash only, Gas Cans Only)
- Rt 35 - Neptune Gulf - (Cash only, Cans only)
- Rt 35 near Broad St. - Eatontown - Citgo
- Rt 33 at Gully Way - Neptune - Citgo
- Rt 33 - Monroe - Hess
Also, leaf collection is suspended; only storm brush will be collected, starting at 7 a.m. on Monday, November 5, 2012.