Now that summer is finally here, so many people are spending their days down by the shore enjoying the sun. Unfortunately, not every day is beach-worthy.
So the question is, what is there to do during those rainy summer days when you're stuck inside? Here are some ideas!
1. Have a beauty day- We all want to take better care of ourselves, but let's face it- it's not always that easy to find the time! When weather ruins your outdoor plans, take advantage of the free time and give yourself a spa day. Look up recipes for easy hair and facial masks, eat a little healthier, and feel fully rejuvenated by the end of the day!
2. Indoor treasure hunt- Kids sometimes get a bit fussy when they are cooped up for too long. Next rainy day, help them burn some energy by sending them on an indoor treasure hunt! Write up a list of different clues for each child, handing them the first clue that leads them to the next one, and so on and so forth. Be sure to number each clue, and get creative with the descriptions! At the end, leave them a little prize: like a small toy or a message about a fun trip you'll be taking soon. They will have fun searching the house, and you will have fun watching!
3. Be a gourmet chef- Ever see a recipe on a TV show or in a magazine that you were just dying to try? Still haven't made it? Well here's your chance! See what you have in your kitchen, call a few friends for the left over ingredients, maybe make a quick stop to your local grocery store, and get cooking! You and your friends will pass the time with good company, and enjoy a fantastic meal by the end of the night.
4. Go camping indoors- Instead of calling the camping trip on account of bad weather, meet camping half-way: make yourself a palace in the livingroom, and have an indoor camping adventure! Pitch tents that are meant for camping, or grab a bunch of sheets, chairs, pillows, and anything else you want to try and make a house within your home. Pick up your favorite adventure flicks, and call it a night!
5. Have a game day- Every family has board games in their closet, but so rarely do they get played! Crummy days are the perfect occasion to dig through your closets, find your old games, and spend the afternoon playing Scrabble, Monopoly, and Trouble. If you are feeling particularly creative, combine rules and pices from several games and create your own!
What kind of stuff do you like to do on a rainy day? Let us know in the comments section below!