St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church
Established in 1850, St. Rose of Lima parish once included 225 square miles that the first pastor diligently covered by horseback and carriage. Members of the Catholic church now attend mass in a lovely brick and stone church on McLean Street in downtown Freehold. St. Rose can celebrate mass in English, Spanish, Vietnamese or Filipino as well as attend holy days and confession. Events are held in the 1881 church as well as in the more contemporary Our Lady of Guadalupe Chapel. The church offers numerous adult fellowship programs, including Catholic Daughters of America and the Knights of Columbus. In addition to religious education for children and teens, the church operates St. Rose of Lima School, a Catholic parochial institution for students in preschool up to ninth grade. St. Rose of Lima Church is also actively involved in missions at the local and global levels.
- Fax: 732-462-8173
- Hours: Weekend masses: Sat, 4pm (chapel), 6:30pm, 8pm (Spanish); Sun, 7am, 8:30am (chapel), 9:45am, 11am (chapel), 11:15am (Spanish), 12:30am (chapel), 2pm (Filipino, chapel, 2nd Sundays), 5pm (Vietnamese).
- Handicap Accessible: Sidewalk ramps that lead to St. Rose are in the lot behind the church. The lot can be accessed from Randolph Street or Lincoln Place.
- Founding Date: 1850
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Denomination: Catholic, Christian
- Services: Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups
- Recreational facilities: Yes